Hey there! I wan’t to thank Evelyn @ Evelyn Reads for this nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award! If you haven’t been to her blog, you should totally check it out! I love reading her thoughts about all things bookish. 🙂
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person(s) who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
What book did you love, but didn’t expect it to be one of your favourites?
Girl, Serpent, Thorn.
I knew I’d like it, but I didn’t expect it to blow me away, and it kind of did! I talked about this book for days after I finished it to the point that my hubs and my kids knew the story and the characters names. lol
Did you discover any new favourites recently?
- Beneath Cruel Fathoms by Anela Deen
- The Jabberwocky Princess by Cece Louise
- Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron
- The Elements of Kamdaria series by Kay L. Moody
I’ve talked about Beneath Cruel Fathoms A LOT lately, so I won’t gush too much for this post. (But if you haven’t read it, and you like fantasy/romance/awesomeness, them you should totally read this one!) Cinderella is Dead is a unique and refreshing twist on the Cinderella story, and I loved it! Kay L. Moody’s The Elements of Kamdaria series is an excellent fantasy/dytopia/romance/ya fabulousness, and Cece Louise’s The Jabberwocky Princess is a quick and exciting fairy tale-esque fantasy/romance. I recommend all of these stories to anyone who will listen. lol
What author would you love to see more books from?
The Mark of Power is a really cool YA dystopian/fantasy/romance series. If you like ya fantasy with amazing DRAGONS, you should totally check the series out! I devoured the first three books, and I just picked up the fourth. Keep an eye out for my review on Flying Through Fire.
How do you choose what book to read next?
Usually by mood. However, sometimes I have review deadlines and need to prioritize my reads accordingly.
What genre do you want/need to read more from?
Fantasy and romance. Those are my two favorite genres! 🙂
How many books do you read at a time?
I usually read between 2 and 4 books at a time but have been known to juggle more. I’m currently reading 3.
What is an upcoming release you are excited for?
Between Savage Tides.
This is the second book in Anela Deen’s The Bitter Sea Trilogy, and I need it in my life!
What bookish world would you love to visit?
I’d love to visit Clecania. It is a planet where the hunky alien males go to school to learn how to please their potential mates. They learn how to cook, clean, take care of kids, and more. After being sequestered with my kids, dogs, and husband throughout the pandemic, a little pampering by a hunky alpha male alien sounds fabulous!
What do you like doing besides reading/blogging?
I love to garden. Right now, I’m growing tomato, eggplant, garlic, onion, pepper, lettuce, and carrots. I’m also a huge fan of napping.
What is the one book you want everyone to read?
I have absolutely no idea. I love recommending books to people, but I think everyone has unique tastes, so I would choose different books for different people.
Who’s your favourite book influencer?
Evelyn, of course! She is a fabulous person that I met through book blogging. I enjoy her reviews and posts and enjoy chatting with her about books.
- Ivana @ Books and Prejudice
- Syl @ My Life full of distractions
- Lucy @ Sunstar Books
- Lexie-chen @ Open Book With Missing Pages
- Lisa @ Lisa’s Cubby
- Cassie @ Books with Cassie
- Miranda @ Miranda Reads
- Bec @ Bec & Books
- Fatin @ Books for a Hufflepuf
- Cheyanna @ Lost in Book Land
- The Overthinkist
- Do you have a bad book habit?
- What is the longest book you’ve ever read?
- Would you rather give up reading for one year or watching TV/movies for one year?
- What bookish world would you love to visit?
- Who is your most beloved literary character?
- If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- What upcoming release are you most excited for?
- Which character would you most like to dress up as?
- Has a book ever changed your life or influenced it in a poignant way?
- What is the title of your latest 5 star read?
- What was your favorite book when you were a child?