Thanks so much to Abby @ Beyond the Read for nominating me for this award! If you haven’t been to Abby’s blog, you should totally check it out! The Outstanding Blogger Award was created by Colton Beckwith, and you can find the original post here.
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
What inspired you to start blogging?
Well, I wanted a place where I could read and talk about books. Blogging seemed like the most interesting and manageable for me. I’ve always been interested in blogging, and this year I made it happen! 🙂
What is a popular trope in books that you can’t stand?
Love triangles annoy me unless done REALLY well. This doesn’t happen often.
What’s the most recent book that you rated 5 stars?
I loved, loved, loved Crownchasers!!! It’s an epic YA sci-fi thrill ride that I couldn’t put down. FANTASTIC!!
Synopsis: Alyssa Farshot has spent her whole life trying to outrun her family legacy. Her mother sacrificed everything to bring peace to the quadrant, and her uncle has successfully ruled as emperor for decades. But the last thing Alyssa wants is to follow in their footsteps as the next in line for the throne. Why would she choose to be trapped in a palace when she could be having wild adventures exploring a thousand-and-one planets in her own ship?
But when Alyssa’s uncle becomes gravely ill, his dying wish surprises the entire galaxy. Instead of naming her as his successor, he calls for a crownchase, the first in seven centuries. Representatives from each of the empire’s prime families—including Alyssa—are thrown into a race to find the royal seal, which has been hidden somewhere in the empire. The first to find the seal wins the throne.
Alyssa’s experience as an explorer makes her the favorite to win the crown she never wanted. And though she doesn’t want to be empress, her duty to her uncle compels her to participate in this one last epic adventure. But when the chase turns deadly, it’s clear that more than just the fate of the empire is at stake. Alyssa is on her most important quest yet—and only time will tell if she’ll survive it.
Do you like rainy days?
Yes! I enjoy rainy days. I’m not a huge fan of the sun and have a sensitivity to it. I get migraines and sometimes hives if I’m in the sun too long, so I’d much prefer an overcast or rainy day.
What’s your favorite dessert?
Hmmm. Ice cream, maybe? Chocolate ice cream.
Do you have a pet?
Oh, yes. I’m an animal lover! I have three dogs, Teddy, Cooper, and Lily, a bearded dragon named Snorf, and a fish named Violetta. Here are the dogs:
What is your favorite genre of music to listen to?
It depends on the day. lol I listen to a lot of pop, but I also love musicals, rock, and oldies.
- Leslie @ Books Are the New Black
- Louise @ Life in the Book Lane
- Ali @ Ali’s Books
- Corina @ The Brown-Eyed Bookworm
- Tessa @ Tessa Talks Books
- Joanna @ The Geekish Brunette
- Octavia @ Mermaid Reads
- Susan @ Novel Lives
- Rhiannon @ Previously Unread
- Yolanda @ Past Midnight
- What is your favorite part of blogging?
- What is your most anticipated read for the rest of 2020?
- Which actor would you choose to play you in a movie about your life?
- What is your favorite read of 2020 (so far)?
- What’s something you collect besides books?
- Do you have a particular place where you love to read?
- If you could have anyone narrate your favorite book, who would it be and what book would it be?
Thanks so much for stopping by!