Hey there! This week I’m participating in Six for Sunday, a meme hosted by Steph at A Little But a Lot. This month, the focus is on book characters, and this week’s topic is:
Books from My Childhood
1. A Wrinkle in Time ignited my love of fantasy. I adored the characters and the worlds created and read this book many times!
2. Choose Your Own Adventure books were very popular when I was younger, and there were always a ton of these at the library.
3. Sweet Valley High was a go-to series for me. I loved the twin sisters and their many friends and adventures! They even made a tv series based on the books – of course, I had to watch it, much to my brother’s dismay! lol
4. Where the Sidewalk Ends is the first poetry collection I remember reading and loving. To this day, I can recite several of the poems in this book.
5. Beezus and Ramona was one of the first Beverly Cleary books I read, and once I did, I read every book of hers that I could find. Beverly Cleary and Judy Bloom were a staple in my reading life for several years.
6. The Boxcar Children was another fairly popular series when I was young, and I remember being amazed at how these siblings survived on their own.
Which books did you love when you were younger? Did you read any of these? Comment below! I’d love to chat! 🙂