Hi there! It’s time for my monthly wrap-up, and I had a pretty great reading month! I read almost a book a day, and stepped a little out of my comfort zone on a couple. I don’t read many MG books, but this month I took a chance on Fireborn for a blog tour. It was such a good story!! I also posted a bunch of reviews and book spotlight’s for the BBNYA Spotlight Tour. I’m so thrilled to be part of the BBNYA team this year and am excited to check out all of the books that made it to the next round!
As always, I included links to Goodreads on all of the books I read. So, if you want to learn more about a particular book, just click on the image!
I Read 27 Books!
I Posted 23 Reviews!
- The High Mountain Court by A.K. Mulford
- So We Meet Again by Suzanne Park
- When You Wish Upon a Duke by Charis Michaels
- Idriel’s Children by Hayley Reese Chow
- Stealing the Dragon’s Heart by Kiersten Fay
- The Highlander’s Pirate Lass by Heather McCollum
- Her Honorable Mercenary by Nicole Locke
- Hitched to the Gunslinger by Michelle McLean
- Every Day in December by Kitty Wilson
- Deflecting the Duke by Alexa Aston
- Spellbound by Rebecca L. Garcia
- Forestborn by Elayne Audrey Becker
- The Earl of Excess by Anna St. Claire
- The Meeting Point by Olivia Lara
- Fireborn by Aisling Fowler
- The Prizefighter’s Hart by Emily Royal
- Impassioned by Darcy Burke
- A Hero’s Heart by Amber Daulton
- Of Earth and Air by Cameo Renae
Other Fun Posts:
- Spell the Month in Books: August
- Top 10 Tuesday: Covers That Made Me Want to Read the Book
- Guest Post: The Many Reincarnations of Cinderella by Bruce Calhoun
- September 2021: 20 Highly Anticipated Book Releases
BBNYA Book Spotlight:
- Shepherd’s Warning by Cailyn Lloyd
- Tempted by Zoe Ashwood
- Skullsinger by Rey S. Morfin
- The Hidden King by E.G. Radcliff
- The Girl Who Talks to Ashes by Rachel Rener
- The Love Trap by Caroline Goldsworthy
- The Lost Sentinel by Suzanne Rogerson
- The Seven Year Itch by Lyndsey Gallagher
- The Nine by C.G. Harris
- Vampires of Moscow by Caedis Knight
- Third Sun by Victoria J. Price
- While Nobody Is Watching by Michelle Dunne
- Viking Lost by Derek Nelson
- A Favor for a Favor by Nat Chelloni
How was your August? Did you read any amazing books? Which would you recommend? Comment below!
18 thoughts on “Monthly Wrap-Up: August”
1. Blood of Olympus- started in July
2. Bookshop in London
3. Nevermoor: Trials of Morrigan Crow
#1 and #3 were the best of August
Nice! I have Nevermoor on my TBR. It sounds really good!
My review on the 1st Nevermoor:
I’m always so astounded by how much you read in a month!! How do you do it?!
I have no life. lol Seriously, I read a lot once my kids go to bed, which gives me several hours each night of reading time. And during the day, I take every chance I can to sneak in a bit of reading. It’s definitely my favorite pastime!
That’s what I’m trying to do now! Every chance I get I’m trying to read a little bit. It helps that I’m now commuting to my job 2-3 times a week which gives me a few hours of uninterrupted reading time.
I read many wonderful books in August. I always enjoy reading your reviews and posts, Julie.
Thanks, Carla. I appreciate that!
Looks like you had another fantastic reading month! And you read so many that are on my TBR. I’m most impressed, though, by the 23 reviews posted!!
What an amazing reading month! So many regency romance covers that have me intrigued and I’m probably going to end up adding to my TBR 😂 I hope September continues to be an awesome reading month, Julie!
Thanks, Dini! You too!
Great job getting through so many books! I’m glad to see a lot of them had high ratings too. There are a few I see that are on my tbr as well.
Totally awesome how much you get through in a month! Good job!
Thanks so much! 🙂
Wow! So many books and sooo many good books!