Hi there! I was tagged by the fabulous Aria over at Book Nook Bits. If you haven’t been to her blog, you should totally check it out! I love reading her thoughts about all things bookish. 🙂
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person(s) who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What was your latest 5 star read?
I recently read Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron, and it was FAN-TASTIC!
Synopsis: It’s 200 years after Cinderella found her prince, but the fairy tale is over. Teen girls are now required to appear at the Annual Ball, where the men of the kingdom select wives based on a girl’s display of finery. If a suitable match is not found, the girls not chosen are never heard from again.
Sixteen-year-old Sophia would much rather marry Erin, her childhood best friend, than parade in front of suitors. At the ball, Sophia makes the desperate decision to flee, and finds herself hiding in Cinderella’s mausoleum. There, she meets Constance, the last known descendant of Cinderella and her step sisters. Together they vow to bring down the king once and for all–and in the process, they learn that there’s more to Cinderella’s story than they ever knew . . .
2. Do you often DNF books?
No, but I have no problem stopping a book if I don’t like it.
3. What is your favorite dessert?
Chocolate soft-serve ice cream on a wafer cone with chocolate sprinkles. Yum-tastic!!
4. Do you enjoy rereading books?
Oh, yes! Most definitely! I taught high school English for almost 20 years, so I reread A TON of books. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth, The Odyssey, The Great Gatsby, and more.
I also reread my faves, especially when I’m in a lull or slump. Here are some books that I’ve reread (for pleasure, not for work):
5. Do you prefer physical books or ebooks or audiobooks?
Ebooks and physical. I like the convenience of an ebook, but there’s nothing like holding a beautiful book in your hand while reading.
6. Do you enjoy listening to audiobooks?
I do, though this is not my usual method of reading.
7. Do you watch booktube?
No, I’m a little clueless about Booktube and have no idea where to start.
8. What is your favorite post that you’ve ever written?
Hmm. I really liked my review of Anela Deen’s Beneath Cruel Fathoms. I also ADORED the book!
9. How did you choose your blog’s name?
Well, One Day More is my favorite song from Les Miserables, my favorite musical. One Book More is a tribute to my love of that musical as well as my love of books. I’m always looking for one book more! 🙂
10. How did you decide to start your blog?
Well, I love to read and talk about books, but didn’t have as many options to do this since I left the teaching profession. Book blogging was my solution!
11. What are the three most recent additions to your bookshelf?
- Pamela @ The Picky Bookworm
- Astri @ astrireads
- Jade @ The Elder Books
- Ali @ Our Book Boyfriends
- Erin @ KittyJade
- Shivi @ Bookaholic
- Tilly @ The Biblioshelf
- Jamie @ Bubbly Books
- Star @ Little Miss Star
- Carly Books
- Lindsay @ The Literary Wife
My Questions to You:
- What are your top 3 reads of the year?
- Library or bookstore?
- Who is your most read author?
- How do you organize your bookshelves? (genre, author, color, title…)
- Which fictional character do you love but think would be horrible in real life?
- If you were a superhero, what would be your super power?
- What mythical animal would you choose as your sidekick?
- Which upcoming releases are you most excited for?
- How many books do you read at once?
- If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? Why?
- What is one book that you will always recommend?