Hey there! I hope you’re having a great day! It is unbelievably hot outside today, so I thought it was the perfect day for this post and challenge!
Hundreds & Thousands of Books Summer Reading Challenge 2020
- Link to the original tag’s creator: Hundreds and Thousands of Books. Please don’t let all the squinting at my laptop screen to make the graphics flop!
- Thank whoever tagged you and link back to their post (or the original one if you just want to give it a go).
- Tag as many people as you want to participate
- Then get to reading…
- Borrow, buy, ebook,
stealbooks that fit the descriptions. Don’t worry if you can’t read all 9 before the summer is over – although you have until the 22nd September 🙂
- Post at the end of the challenge how you got on!
My Possible Choices:
Doesn’t this look fun? I’m already planning my books and have a few in mind. Here are some of the books I’m debating:
A Book Released in 2020:
I’m thinking either Midnight Sun or Between Savage Tides. These are my most anticipated upcoming releases, and I plan to read both.
A Book on My WTR for Ages:
For this, I want to do either Ash Princess or An Ember in the Ashes. They’ve both been on my WTR for a while, though Ash Princess has been on longer.
A Book Set in Space:
Definitely Aurora Burning! I enjoyed the first book and am on the wait list at the library for this one. Fingers crossed I’ll get it soon!
A Book Set Abroad:
I’m not sure about this one yet. Maybe Something Strange and Deadly, maybe a historical romance that takes place abroad. I’m still debating…
A Graphic Novel:
Ok – not a huge reader of graphic novels, so I have no clue what to choose for this one. Help me out. Which graphic novel would you recommend?
A Book by a Trans/Non-Binary Author
I’m thinking I Wish you All the Best or Cemetery Boys. I want to read both and have heard amazing things about them. Right now, I’m leaning toward Cemetery Boys.
A Book Set in the Past:
All Scot and Bothered is the perfect choice for this one. It’s a historical romance, though I’m not sure on the exact time period. Definitely in the past though!
A Famous Fantasy Book:
I recently started House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas, which is super popular this year. I read about a third of it before I stopped to do a buddy read of Six of Crows (which is beyond amazing!!!!). So, I’m thinking I’ll revisit House of Earth and Blood for this challenge!
I taught high school English for almost 20 years and have read my share of classics. However, I might do a re-read of Daphne du Maurier’s Rebecca. I’ve read the book several times and love it.
I might re-read Pride and Prejudice. This is another favorite classic that I like to re-read from time to time.
Which do you think I should read – Rebecca or Pride and Prejudice?
Anyone who wants to participate! I’d love to see your book choices! 🙂
- I love, love, love this challenge (Big thanks to Hundreds and Thousands of Books)!!! You should totally try it! 🙂
- I have a lot of awesome books on my TBR.
- I need recommendations for graphic novels. Help!! Comment below with your favorites. 🙂
- What do you think? Should I read Rebecca or Pride and Prejudice? Comment below!