Hey there! This week I’m participating in Six for Sunday, a meme hosted by Steph at A Little But a Lot. For January our theme is “It’s All About Boooooooks!” Each week there’s a new topic, and this week’s topic is:
Bookish Wins of 2020
1. I created this book blog! That’s right, I started this blog at the end of January in 2020. I can’t believe that it’s been almost a year since I began this blogging journey. It’s been so fun and such a blessing!
2. I connected with some AMAZING authors and even became a part of several ARC review teams! I feel very fortunate to have connected with so many fabulous authors. Kristen Brand, Anela Deen, Kay L. Moody, Cece Louise, Colleen Cowley, Ana Huang, Elizabeth Stephens, Claire Huston, Nicole Bailey, K.J. Sutton, Kat Kinney, and so many more – I feel like I hit the indie author jackpot!
3. I read more book in 2020 than in any other previous year. The pandemic, the blog, my insatiable love of reading, and many other things contributed to my huge amount of reading. I read, on average a little over 20 books a month for all of 2020.
4. I surpassed my Goodreads goal. Initially, my goal was to read 100 books, but I changed it to 150. When I got to 150, I changed it again to 200, and I surpassed that goal too. Woot, woot!
5. I joined NetGalley and kept my Feedback ratio over 85%. Right now, my feedback ratio is 93%, and I like to keep it over 90. I’m really pleased that I kept it above 85 for so long.
6. I connected with a bunch of amazing book bloggers. Like you!! I’ve made so many new blogging friends, which is my favorite part of this blogging experience. To connect and chat with other people who share my love of reading and desire to talk about all things bookish is something that I missed. As an English teacher, I was able to talk about books every day. Now, I still get to do that!!! So, thank you to all of my followers and friends who have encouraged and supported me through the craziest, scariest, and most eye-opening year of my life. You’re amazing! 🙂
What were your bookish wins of 2020? Comment below!
33 thoughts on “Six for Sunday: Bookish Wins of 2020”
Over 200 books?! That’s amazing!
2020 was a year where I read more books than usual
That’s great! 🙂
That was due to the pandemic. What books do I remember reading last year. Most of them were classics.
1. The Illiad
2. The Odyssey
3. Wind in the Willows
4. Bleak House
5. Anna Karenina (least favorite read)
6. Shades of Magic
7. His Dark Materials
8. Secret Garden
9. Little Women
10. Tom Sawyer
11. Some Hans Christian Anderson
12. A Christmas Treasury
13. Pour Your Heart Into It
14. I Was Anastasia
15. Howl’s Moving Castle
Oh, wow. You read some fantastic books! Which was your favorite?
Holy cow, 200 books- that’s awesome!
Thanks! It’s one of the few good things that came out of the pandemic – way more time to read! lol
Wh-what?! 200 books?! 😳 With 95% netgalley ratio! I think you’re a super human! 😵 Now that’s some goal I wish to accomplish one day! 😍
Congratulations on your bookish wins. I am trying to get my NG ratio up to 70% I read a ton of books (700 in 2020) but I request so many. My successed for 2020 would be hitting over 1000 followers on my blog, Completing all but one of my challenges, becoming an audiobook addict and listening to over 100 audiobooks and having fun with reading.
You had a great year!! Hitting 1000 followers is such a huge milestone! I’m not a huge audiobook reader – I get too distracted. lol Can’t wait to see how many books you read this year!
Ok…I’m so glad I read this post. We’re a third through January and I needed a kick in the butt. So much to learn and do!! I love Audio books. I’ll admit to not doing reviews on GoodReads….so bad I know…I’ll get better! Like Carla before me, I’d like to reach 1000 followers on my blog but now I need to go figure out what NG is….I feel so behind already. Ok. Off I go. Thx for a great post.
You can do it!!! 🙂 NG is NetGalley. It’s a site where you can request books, usually ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies) to read and review. I’ve read so many great books through NetGalley! If you need any help navigating or figuring things out, let me know. I’d be glad to help! 🙂 And good luck with your goals!
omg…that is so cool. I had no idea that even existed. I’m going to look it up today. Thanks so much for such a kind and prompt response. So appreciated. Goals are set…not sure how to get more followers for the blog but working on it….keep on writing, right? ok now to check out NG
Good luck! 🙂
Your list is fantastic, and well done on surpassing your reading goal. I can’t believe you’ve only been blogging a year, you have such a professional looking blog. I need to check out some of those authors you mentioned because I know we both enjoyed Colleen Cowley and KJ Sutton’s books. Happy reading!
Thanks so much! I think you might enjoy Elizabeth Stephens. She has a couple of series (Xiveri Mates and Population) that are pretty interesting sci-fi romances.
ahh it’s so amazing you passed your reading goal, and reached 200 books!! it’s also so inspiring that your netgalley ratio is at 93% because mines been at 65% for the longest, and now hopefully in the new year, it’ll pick up!! your blog is also almost a year old!! – so congratulations on that!
Thank you so much, Ahaana! You’re too kind! 🙂
I love this post, congrats! I created my blog in September so I’m pretty proud of that!
Thank you, and congrats! You should be really proud- your blog is awesome! 🙂
Aww thank you! That means a lot!
That’s amazing you have completed so much in 2020! I hope 2021 is even better!
Thanks so much, Joanna! 🙂
Aww this is so sweet! I loved reading this and hearing about your 2020! Can’t believe you started only a year ago 😱
Thanks so much, Elizabeth! 🙂
Congratulations! You accomplished so much!
Thanks so much! 🙂
These are awesome bookish achievements!
Thanks so much!! 🙂