Hey there! This week I’m participating in Six for Sunday, a meme hosted by Steph at A Little But a Lot. For January our theme is “It’s All About Boooooooks!” Each week there’s a new topic, and this week’s topic is:
Bookish Wins of 2020
1. I created this book blog! That’s right, I started this blog at the end of January in 2020. I can’t believe that it’s been almost a year since I began this blogging journey. It’s been so fun and such a blessing!
2. I connected with some AMAZING authors and even became a part of several ARC review teams! I feel very fortunate to have connected with so many fabulous authors. Kristen Brand, Anela Deen, Kay L. Moody, Cece Louise, Colleen Cowley, Ana Huang, Elizabeth Stephens, Claire Huston, Nicole Bailey, K.J. Sutton, Kat Kinney, and so many more – I feel like I hit the indie author jackpot!
3. I read more book in 2020 than in any other previous year. The pandemic, the blog, my insatiable love of reading, and many other things contributed to my huge amount of reading. I read, on average a little over 20 books a month for all of 2020.
4. I surpassed my Goodreads goal. Initially, my goal was to read 100 books, but I changed it to 150. When I got to 150, I changed it again to 200, and I surpassed that goal too. Woot, woot!
5. I joined NetGalley and kept my Feedback ratio over 85%. Right now, my feedback ratio is 93%, and I like to keep it over 90. I’m really pleased that I kept it above 85 for so long.
6. I connected with a bunch of amazing book bloggers. Like you!! I’ve made so many new blogging friends, which is my favorite part of this blogging experience. To connect and chat with other people who share my love of reading and desire to talk about all things bookish is something that I missed. As an English teacher, I was able to talk about books every day. Now, I still get to do that!!! So, thank you to all of my followers and friends who have encouraged and supported me through the craziest, scariest, and most eye-opening year of my life. You’re amazing! 🙂
What were your bookish wins of 2020? Comment below!