Hey there! I wan’t to thank Evelyn @ Evelyn Reads for this nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award! If you haven’t been to her blog, you should totally check it out! I love reading her thoughts about all things bookish. 🙂
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person(s) who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
What book did you love, but didn’t expect it to be one of your favourites?
Girl, Serpent, Thorn.
I knew I’d like it, but I didn’t expect it to blow me away, and it kind of did! I talked about this book for days after I finished it to the point that my hubs and my kids knew the story and the characters names. lol
Did you discover any new favourites recently?
- Beneath Cruel Fathoms by Anela Deen
- The Jabberwocky Princess by Cece Louise
- Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron
- The Elements of Kamdaria series by Kay L. Moody
I’ve talked about Beneath Cruel Fathoms A LOT lately, so I won’t gush too much for this post. (But if you haven’t read it, and you like fantasy/romance/awesomeness, them you should totally read this one!) Cinderella is Dead is a unique and refreshing twist on the Cinderella story, and I loved it! Kay L. Moody’s The Elements of Kamdaria series is an excellent fantasy/dytopia/romance/ya fabulousness, and Cece Louise’s The Jabberwocky Princess is a quick and exciting fairy tale-esque fantasy/romance. I recommend all of these stories to anyone who will listen. lol
What author would you love to see more books from?
The Mark of Power is a really cool YA dystopian/fantasy/romance series. If you like ya fantasy with amazing DRAGONS, you should totally check the series out! I devoured the first three books, and I just picked up the fourth. Keep an eye out for my review on Flying Through Fire.
How do you choose what book to read next?
Usually by mood. However, sometimes I have review deadlines and need to prioritize my reads accordingly.
What genre do you want/need to read more from?
Fantasy and romance. Those are my two favorite genres! 🙂
How many books do you read at a time?
I usually read between 2 and 4 books at a time but have been known to juggle more. I’m currently reading 3.
What is an upcoming release you are excited for?
Between Savage Tides.
This is the second book in Anela Deen’s The Bitter Sea Trilogy, and I need it in my life!
What bookish world would you love to visit?
I’d love to visit Clecania. It is a planet where the hunky alien males go to school to learn how to please their potential mates. They learn how to cook, clean, take care of kids, and more. After being sequestered with my kids, dogs, and husband throughout the pandemic, a little pampering by a hunky alpha male alien sounds fabulous!
What do you like doing besides reading/blogging?
I love to garden. Right now, I’m growing tomato, eggplant, garlic, onion, pepper, lettuce, and carrots. I’m also a huge fan of napping.
What is the one book you want everyone to read?
I have absolutely no idea. I love recommending books to people, but I think everyone has unique tastes, so I would choose different books for different people.
Who’s your favourite book influencer?
Evelyn, of course! She is a fabulous person that I met through book blogging. I enjoy her reviews and posts and enjoy chatting with her about books.
- Ivana @ Books and Prejudice
- Syl @ My Life full of distractions
- Lucy @ Sunstar Books
- Lexie-chen @ Open Book With Missing Pages
- Lisa @ Lisa’s Cubby
- Cassie @ Books with Cassie
- Miranda @ Miranda Reads
- Bec @ Bec & Books
- Fatin @ Books for a Hufflepuf
- Cheyanna @ Lost in Book Land
- The Overthinkist
- Do you have a bad book habit?
- What is the longest book you’ve ever read?
- Would you rather give up reading for one year or watching TV/movies for one year?
- What bookish world would you love to visit?
- Who is your most beloved literary character?
- If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- What upcoming release are you most excited for?
- Which character would you most like to dress up as?
- Has a book ever changed your life or influenced it in a poignant way?
- What is the title of your latest 5 star read?
- What was your favorite book when you were a child?
21 thoughts on “The Sunshine Blogger Award #3”
Thanks so much! 🙂
Oh my gosh! What an honor to be tagged! Thank you! I can’t wait to start answering your questions :3 Also, this is the first time I’ve heard of the Clecania series but it sounds yummehhh. HAHA!
Yay! I can’t wait to read your answers. 🙂 And the Clecanian Series is a great sci-fi romance series! Definitely swoon worthy!
I can’t wait to read Cinderella Is Dead! And I’m a total mood reader too lolol tbr?? we don’t know her. Congrats on the award <3
Thanks! Cinderella is Dead is so good! I hope you get to read it soon! 🙂
My blogging website- wfibsblogging.wordpress.com
Hoping that you will win more
Thanks so much! 🙂
Loved reading this!
And thanks 🙂 love chatting to you too!!
So many of these are on my TBR, but I did just add From the Mountain. I haven’t seen that series before, but it sounds awesome! Love your answers!!
Thanks so much! I liked From the Mountain. A dystopia with dragons – right up my alley! 🙂
I’m so excited for Girl, Serpent, Thorn, so I’m so glad to see you loved it!
It’s great! One of those books that you think about long after you finish it. 🙂
Congratulation on your award nomination
Thanks so much! 🙂
This design is spectacular! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!
I simply want to tell you that I am newbie to blogging and site-building and really liked this web blog. Most likely I’m want to bookmark your website . You certainly come with excellent articles and reviews. Appreciate it for revealing your web site.