Thank you so much to Louise @ Foxes and Fairy Tales: Book Blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award nomination! If you haven’t seen her blog, you should check it out. It’s fun and creative and full of amazingness! Read her Sunshine Blogger responses here!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
1. What type of blog post do you enjoy writing the most?
I like writing book reviews. I read a ton, and I like to talk about and analyze literature. It’s the English teacher in me. lol
Recently, I’ve completed two author interviews. Those were really fun and interesting, too. It is so cool connecting and collaborating with author’s you love.
2. Share a blog post you’re proud of.
I love my first Author Spotlight post. I interviewed Cece Louise, the author of The Dark Forest Series. She is amazing as are her books!
3. If you had to pick the best 3 books from your 3 favorite genres, which ones would you choose?
This is a really tough prompt. There are so many books and genres that I love, and I’ve read hundreds and hundreds of books! For this, I am going to focus on books I’ve read in the past year.
4. What’s your favourite book with a queer protagonist?
5. What’s your favorite book with a POC protagonist?
6. What would be your personal color scheme?
It depends on the day and the mood I’m in. Today, I’m thinking turquoise and red. 😉
7. Do you bulk write blog posts in advance or off-the-cuff?
Both. I’m organized and usually write a little bit each day. I take notes when I read so that I can use them for reference when writing reviews. So, in this regard, I’m not so of-the-cuff. However, I do write spontaneously as well!
8. Aside from reading and blogging, how do you unwind?
I like to nap. I’m pretty serious about my napping.
I also love to garden. I just started my tomatoes, onions, peppers, and marigolds, and cucumbers in my new greenhouse. My brother and husband built me a greenhouse out of re-purposed windows. It’s my haven.
9. What are you most competitive about?
I’m not very competitive. I think I’m more self-competitive than anything else.
10. Which character would you most like to dress up as?
Probably Padme Amidala from Star Wars. She has some amazing outfits:
11. Two thin books or one clunker?
One clunker. I like long, well-developed, immersive books. I like thin books as well, so I would probably read all of them!
That was super fun and interesting! Thanks again, Louise, for the nomination. 🙂
Here are my nominations:
- Jules @ One More Word
- Thi and/or Christie @ A Court of Books and Brews
- Ali @ Our Book Boyfriends
- Lelia @ Buried Under Books
- Susy @ Susy’s Cozy World
- Dini @ Dini Panda Reads
- Pamela @ The Picky Bookworm
- Daniella @ Reading With Daniella
- Carla @ Carla Loves to Read
- Sarah @ Faeryreads
- Cait @ Cait’s Books
Here are your questions:
- What attracts you to a book? The cover? The blurb? The author? Recommendations from others?
- Has a book ever changed your life or influenced it in a poignant way?
- How many books are on your TBR list/pile?
- Where is your favorite spot to read?
- If you could meet one author (living or dead), who would you choose?
- If you had to pick the best 3 books from your 3 favorite genres, which ones would you choose?
- If you could choose one book series to be turned into a tv show or movie, which series would you pick?
- Have you ever thought that the film/show was better than the book?
- Which character would you most like to dress up as?
- Who is your favorite literary villain?
- Which book do you plan on reading next?