I was tagged for the Mystery Blogger Award by Kim over at Bookish Kimberley. Her blog is fantastic, so if you haven’t been to it, you should so check it out! Thanks for the nomination, Kim!!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.“
– Okoto Enigma
This award was originally created by Okoto @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
- My elbows are double jointed.
2. I hate the sun and the heat! Basically, summer in my state is unpleasant for me. (Sorry sun-worshipers!) I have a sensitivity to light, and I get physically ill when I’m outside on a hot/humid and sunny day.
3. I don’t drink tea, coffee, or soda. I don’t like the taste of coffee or tea (though I love the smell), and I stopped drinking soda almost a year ago.
1. Which character in a book series do you want to become… if given a chance?
That’s tough. I think I’d like to become one of the protagonists in one of Mary Kay Andrews books. She’s an amazing author, and her protagonists are often strong, independent women.
2. What is the book that reminds you of your childhood?
Either the Little House series by Laura Ingels Wilder or The Sweet Valley High series by Francine Pascal. I loved both of those series!
3. Will you be happy to meet your fellow book bloggers around the world? Of course, after the coronavirus.
Oh my word, yes! I would love to meet some of the wonderful people I’ve met in the book blogging community!
4. Who is your most hated character in a book?
Voldemort. No, it’s President Snow. No, it’s Amarantha. Gosh, there are many that I love to hate. But I think the worst is Professor Umbridge. I despised her!
5. What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book?
Pride and Prejudice is the first one that comes to mind, but I also liked North and South (with the fabulous Richard Armitage).
Alfred Hitchcock’s Rebecca is another book-to-movie fave, as is Rear Window which is an adaptation of Cornell Woolrich’s short story.
- Lucy @ Sunstar Books
- Mayurakshi @ Bookshelf Life
- Leslie @ Books Are the New Black
- Ren @ A Bookish Balance
- Carla @ Carla Loves to Read
Questions for My Nominees:
- Do you prefer tidily wrapped-up endings or cliffhangers?
- What was your last book purchase?
- Who is your most hated character in a book?
- What one book do you think everyone should read?
- If you could live in one fictional world for a day, which one would you choose?
Thanks for stopping by, and thanks again, Kim, for the nomination! 🙂
23 thoughts on “Mystery Blogger Award #4”
Thanks so much! 🙂
Congrats! I adore North and South – Richard Armitage is just amazing! <3 Which pride and prejudice do you like best? The movie or the tv show? I love Colin Firth so I am biased towards the TV Show. I totally get the coffee and tea thing – bleh bleh hahah
lol I love the smell, hate the taste! As for Pride and Prejudice, I love them both. I adore Colin Firth as Darcy, but I also loved Kiera Knighley and Matthew Macfayden in the film! I think I’d go with the tv show too. 🙂
I love Pride and Prejudice movie adaptation!
Congratulations! I like warm weather, but I’m very British so when it’s too hot I hate it too haha! Great post )
Thanks so much! I love chatting with fellow heat haters. 🙂 I live in the northeast of the US, and the summers are hot and humid. I basically feel like a vampire – when the sun is strong, I flee to my nice air conditioned house. lol
Haha that sounds unbearable for me, bless you!
Professor Umbridge IS the worst!! And that P&P adaptation is my favorite. Top 5 fave all-time favorite movies, too. 😍
Darcy is so swoon-worthy in that version! It’s a great adaptation! 🙂
Congratulations on the award 🙂 It would be so amazing to meet book bloggers irl!!! I feel like we read each other’s blogs, but we never really get to know the person behind all of those great blog posts 😂😂 It was really fun to read your answers!!
Thanks so much! I agree. I would love to meet some of the wonderful bloggers I’ve connected with online. 🙂
Love your answers! Congratulations dear! 🎉🤍
Thanks so much! 🙂
Totally agree with your answer about Umbridge. Ugh, just thinking of her name and picturing her face already has my mouth scrunching up in distaste 😒 Also Pride and Prejudice (2005) is one of my all time favourites and comfort movies! Love that adaptation so much <3 Great post!
Thanks so much. 🙂 Umbridge is the worst! She’s the epitome of terrible teaching.
But, you can’t go wrong with Mr, Darcy! That’s one of my comfort movies as well. 🙂
Professor Umbridge is the worst!!!! And I love Pride and Prejudice <3 and all its adaptations <3
Congratulation on your award nomination.
Thank you! 🙂
You are welcome
I need to to thank you for this good read!! I certainly loved every bit of it. I have got you book-marked to check out new things you post…